Scheduling an Appointment
Once eligibility has been confirmed by HTCC, AMP will send a notice with a website and a telephone number for use in scheduling an examination appointment. You may schedule for an examination appointment by one of the following methods:
- Online Scheduling: You may schedule an examination appointment online at any time by using our Online Scheduling service. To use this service go to www.goAMP.com, select “Candidates” and follow the simple, step-by-step instructions to choose your examination and register for the examination. OR
- Telephone Scheduling: Call AMP at 916-895-4637 to schedule an examination appointment. This toll-free number is answered from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Central Time) Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.
AMP is equipped with Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDD) to assist deaf and hearing-impaired candidates. TDD calling is available 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Central Time) Monday-Friday at 913/895-4637. This TDD phone option is for individuals equipped with compatible TDD machinery.
When you schedule your examination appointment, be prepared to confirm a location and a preferred date and time for testing. You will be asked to provide your unique identification number. When you call or go online to schedule your examination appointment, you will be notified of the time to report to the Assessment Center and you will be sent an e-mail confirmation notice.
If special accommodations are being requested, complete the Request for Special Accommodations forms available here and submit them to HTCC no later than March 15th for the May exam and September 15th for the November exam. HTCC will not make you eligible for the exam until your Special Accommodation has been processed so that we provide the correct accommodation. Please allow time for this process.
Rescheduling an Appointment
You may reschedule your appointment ONCE at no charge by calling AMP at 888-519-9901 at least 2 business days prior to your scheduled appointment. The following schedule applies:
|If your examination is scheduled on: ||You must contact AMP by 3:00 p.m. Central time to reschedule the examination |
|Monday ||Wednesday |
|Tuesday ||Thursday |
|Wednesday ||Friday |
|Thursday ||Monday |
|Friday/Saturday ||Tuesday |
Missed Appointments and Cancellations
You will forfeit your examination registration and all fees paid to take the examination under the following circumstances.
- You wish to reschedule an examination but fail to contact AMP at least two business days prior to the scheduled testing session.
- You wish to reschedule a second time.
- You appear more than 15 minutes late for an examination.
- You fail to report for an examination appointment.
A new, complete application and examination fee are required to reapply for examination.
Inclement Weather, Power Failure or Emergency
In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen emergencies on the day of an examination, AMP will determine whether circumstances warrant the cancellation, and subsequent rescheduling, of an examination. The examination will usually not be rescheduled if the Assessment Center personnel are able to open the Assessment Center.
You may visit AMP’s website at www.goAMP.com prior to the examination to determine if AMP has been advised that any Assessment Centers are closed. Every attempt is made to administer the examination as scheduled; however, should an examination be canceled at an Assessment Center, all scheduled candidates will receive notification following the examination regarding rescheduling or reapplication procedures.
If power to an Assessment Center is temporarily interrupted during an administration, your examination will be restarted. The responses provided up to the point of interruption will be intact, but for security reasons the questions will be scrambled.