Activities That Promote the Profession
Maximum accepted: 12 hours per 5-year accrual cycle
Description of Activities and Hours Awarded
This category encompasses leadership responsibilities or active committee participation in OT, PT, or hand therapy professional organizations such as the following:
- Serving as an officer or chairperson of an OT, PT or hand therapy association or regulatory body - Two contact hours per year of completed service
- Serving as an active committee member of an OT, PT or hand therapy association - One contact hour of completed service
- Writing questions for a professional certification examination (including the Hand Therapy Certification Examination) - One contact hour of completed service
- Involvement in state and/or national legislative issues pertaining to occupational therapy or physical therapy - One contact hour of completed service
- Participation in health fairs and/or activities that promote public awareness of hand therapy - One contact hour per year (note: these activities will not be accepted if they also promote the therapist's facility)
- Outcome studies specific to the upper extremity - One contact hour per year
- Clinical protocol development specific to the upper extremity - One contact hour per year
- Supervision of OT or PT students
- Two contact hours per student greater than one month of supervision
- One contact hour per student less than one month of supervision
- Serving on the editorial board of a peer-reviewed OT, PT or hand therapy journal - 2 contact hour per year (please note: if the hours are claimed in this category, they cannot be claimed in Category D.
Submit written verification of committee participation, organizational leadership, item writing, etc., including dates, signed by an officer or administrator of the organization.