Hand Therapy Publications
All 80 hours may be submitted in this category
Description of Activities
This category encompasses the publication of material that addresses hand therapy. The CHT may be an author or co-author, and the item must be accepted for publication or published during the applicable recertification period.
Contact Hours Awarded
- Four contact hours per page of printed text are awarded for each publication up to 10 pages for books, chapters in books, and articles in professional journals.
- One contact hour per page is awarded for newsletters, trade journals, or journals that are not peer-reviewed.
- Five contact hours are awarded for each 15 pages of editing in a book or journal.
- One contact hour is awarded per year for editing a newsletter.
- Two contact hours are awarded to each author who contributes to a publication that is sponsored by a professional organization and is written by a committee, regardless of the number of authors. An example would be treatment guidelines written for the American Society of Hand Therapists.
- One contact hour is awarded per review for a written review of an article or book that is published in a peer-reviewed book or journal. Both the subject of the review and the publication it appears in must be related to hand therapy.
To receive credit for a publication, submit a copy of the publication or condensed version including a minimum of the title page, the table of contents, the first and last pages, and a sample of the content. Proof of authorship and the source of publication must be shown. If the manuscript is not yet published, include a letter of acceptance from the editor of the publication, indicating the anticipated number of printed pages and a draft of the material.