HTCC will only accept online applications, paper and pencil applications are no longer allowed.
To apply for the Hand Therapy Certification Examination online:
- Click here to go to the application login page.
- Follow the prompts for filling out the Online Application.
- Complete the Consent Form.
- Complete the payment process by submitting your credit card information online.
- Fax, mail or upload the following supporting documentation to HTCC, (All documents can be found in the forms section):
- Documentation of three years of practice as an occupational therapist or physical therapist;
- Documentation of 4,000 hours of Direct Practice Experience using the Employment Verification Form;
- Completed Explanation of Practice Experience Form;
- A copy of current license, certificate or registration to practice occupational therapy or physical therapy;
- If requesting a special accommodation, complete the candidate and provider forms. Download forms and read more information on the special accommodations page.
Please note: candidates who were previously eligible to take the exam in 2009 or later do not need to re-submit the documentation for three years of practice or 4,000 hours of direct practice experience. Candidates who created an online account in 2009 and after should log into their previous account with their login and password to complete the application. The status of documents that were previously accepted will be displayed there.
No documentation will be accepted after April 15th for the May exam and October 15th for the November exam. There will be no exceptions.
Mail, FAX, upload or email the above documentation to:
Hand Therapy Certification Commission
180 Promenade Circle, Suite 300 #41
Sacramento, CA 95834
FAX: 866-308-6433 (toll free in U.S./Canada)
+1-916-922-0210 (outside of North America)
- The May exam application period is January 1 - April 15, you may only apply for the May exam during these dates.
- The November exam application period is July 1 - October 15, you may only apply for the November exam during these dates.
- Applications will NOT be accepted for future exams.